[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
North East Secession's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Thursday, August 3rd, 2006|
Well this whole undertaking seems to have died a pretty quiet death, hasn't it?
|Wednesday, September 7th, 2005|
Editorial: please read or watch
Keith Olbermann has come out and said what pretty much everyone except the government is currently thinking: the Bush administration has made a royal clusterfuck of Hurricane Katrina. The difference is, Keith Olbermann is a journalist. And he said it in the most public forum currently available in the United States: he said it on television.
Keith, formerly of ESPN's "SportsCenter" and currently host of "Countdown" on MSNBC, took a few minutes on his show and made what has got to be the most powerful editorial I think it has ever been my pleasure to hear, or read, or watch. It is available here
, and the transcript is available on his blog web site
(Side note: the subtitle of his blog is "Good blog, and good luck." This is a wonderful reference to Edward R. Murrow, who went head-to-head against Senator Joe McCarthy's campaign of terror against the media industry in the 1950's: a situation which could realistically happen again in the very near future. A movie based on the Murrow/McCarthy affair, entitled "Good Night, and Good Luck
", opens in limited release on October 7th, 2005. If it is playing in your town, please go see it.)
Please. Go watch Keith's editorial. If you don't have the bandwidth to get the streaming video, please at least read the transcript. (At the time of this writing, it's the most recent entry in his blog; it is dated September 5th, in case it is no longer so when you read this.) Send commentary to MSNBC, praising him for his courage in saying what he did in this era of "If you're not with us, you're against us," and praising the network for their courage in allowing it to be aired. The networks need to be reminded that no matter how much they may be threatened with silencing, it is the responsibility of every person alive to raise the level of public debate and to say what needs to be said.
And forward this link on to your friends, your co-workers, and everyone else you can. While Keith's actions give me hope to the contrary, forums like LiveJournal may soon be all we have left. Assuming, of course, they don't shut us down too.
Good night, and good luck.
(And a huge "thank you" to fizzbang
for the link.) Current Mood: impressed
|Friday, February 25th, 2005|
To all in the Boston area: There will be a meeting of some magnitude or another at the Diesel Cafe in Somerville on Saturday, under the auspices of the Greater Boston Secession Meetup Group
, for a general discussion of secession, &c. There will probably only be a few people there, but if any of you have any real interest in moving this forward as a political matter, your attendance would be greatly appreciated.
|Sunday, January 23rd, 2005|
|Wednesday, December 15th, 2004|
You have to admit,
Bush does kind of look like a monkey if you squint. I'm not saying that has any bearing on his personality, you can't judge a book by its cover after all, but it is funny.
|Tuesday, December 14th, 2004|
Boston Magazine agrees...
In the December issue of Boston magazine, there's a faux-letter to President Bush describing how Massachusetts wants out...
|Friday, November 26th, 2004|
this was posted on black_cats
"Dear President Bush,
Congratulations on your election victory and for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you would propose and support a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. As you said, 'in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man and a woman.' I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination...end of debate.
However, I do need some advice from you regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how best to follow them.
1) Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Leviticus 15:19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Leviticus 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7) Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
8) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?
9) I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10) My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend.) He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Leviticus 24:10-16.) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Leviticus 20:14.)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging."
|Friday, November 19th, 2004|
Wow, I have been searching the Web like a maniac trying to find some at least semi-serious secessionists out there. After the disaster of the last election, I think some secessionist pressure would be appropriate, even if the actual goal was not independence. Look at Canada - Quebec has pulled so many concessions from the national government by the threat of secession.
So, I say, vive le independance! :)
|Sunday, November 14th, 2004|
|Friday, November 12th, 2004|
|Wednesday, November 10th, 2004|
|Tuesday, November 9th, 2004|
have you heard of fuckthesouth.com?
fuck the south. fuck 'em. we should have let them go when they wanted to leave, but, no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special union. fighting for the right to keep slaves, yeah, those are states we want to keep, and now what do we get? we're the fucking arrogant northeast liberal elite? how about this for arrogant: the south is the real america? the authentic america, really?
'cause we fucking founded this country, assholes( ...Collapse )
let's talk about those values for a fucking minute. you and your southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you fucking real americans every day of the goddamn week. which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate, you marriage-hyping dickwads? well? can you guess? it's fucking massachusetts
, the fucking center of the gay marriage universe. yes, that's right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of strom thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the fucking nation. think that’s just some aberration
? how about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are fucking blue states, asshole, and most are in the northeast, where our values suck so bad, and where are the highest divorce rates? care to fucking guess? 10 of the top 10 are fucking, red-ass we're-so-fucking-moral states, and while nevada is the worst, the bible belt
is doing its fucking part, but two guys making out is going to fucking ruin marriage for you? yeah? it seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? i mean, you do, right?
'cause we fucking get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time
yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every sunday morning and sing, and then you're fucking towers of moral superiority. yeah, that's a workable formula. maybe us fucking northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes? no, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the ten commandments
in buildings paid for by the fucking northeast liberal elite, and who has the highest murder rates
in the nation? it ain't us up here in the north, assholes.
well, this gravy train is fucking over. take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullshit and shove it up your ass, and, no, you can't have your fucking convention in new york next time. fuck off. Current Mood: calm
New England Secession
Being uninformed about socio\political anything, I don't consider myself as an actual asset to making this become reality outside of firing a musket and maybe dying with my hands around Toby Keiths neck. However, there's a slight chance I may be stirred by inspiration and contribute something creative to the new national identity.
Just last night my girlfriend had an idea for the new countries name. Ready?
With an umlaut!!! Brilliant.
You've probably seen this ... but what the heck: ImpeachBush.tv
seeks your support.
via an english friend:
In the light of your failure to elect a suitable President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today. Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The Right Honourable Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed. To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:
1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium". Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour', skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters. You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix "ize" will be replaced by the suffix "ise". You will learn that the suffix 'burgh is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation. Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up "interspersed". There will be no more 'bleeps' in the Jerry Springer show. If you're not old enough to cope with bad language then you shouldn't have chat shows. When you learn to develop your vocabulary then you won't have to use bad language as often.
2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of "-ize".
3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It really isn't that hard. English accents are not limited to Cockney, upper-class twit or Mancunian (Daphne in Frasier). You will also have to learn how to understand regional accents - Scottish dramas such as "Taggart" will no longer be broadcast with subtitles. While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is "Devon". If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.
4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys. Hollywood will be required to cast English actors to play English characters. British sit-coms such as "Men Behaving Badly" or "Red Dwarf" will not be re-cast and watered down for a wishy-washy American audience who can't cope with the humour of occasional political incorrectness.
5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.
6. You should stop playing American "football". There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US rugby sevens side by 2005. You should stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called "rounders" which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.
7. You should declare war on Quebec and France, using nuclear weapons if they give you any merde. The 97.85% of you who were not aware that there is a world outside your borders should count yourselves lucky. The Russians have never been the bad guys. "Merde" is French for "shit". You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler. Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry
a vegetable peeler in public.
8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 2nd will be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be called "Indecisive Day".
9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean. All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts. You will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.
10. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips. Fries aren't even French, they are Belgian though 97.85% of you (including the guy who discovered fries while in Europe) are not aware of a country called Belgium. Those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called "crisps". Real chips are thick cut and fried in animal fat. The traditional accompaniment to chips is beer which should be served warm and flat. Waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.
11. As a sign of penance 5 grams of sea salt per cup will be added to all tea made within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this quantity to be doubled for tea made within the city of Boston itself.
12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all, it is lager. From November 1st only proper British Bitter will be referred to as "beer", and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as "Lager". The substances formerly known as "American Beer" will henceforth be referred to as "Near-Frozen Knat's Urine", with the exception of the product of the American Budweiser company whose product will be referred to as "Weak Near-Frozen Knat's Urine". This will allow true Budweiser (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in Pilsen, Czech Republic) to be sold without risk of confusion.
13. From December 1st the UK will harmonise petrol (or "Gasoline" as you will be permitted to keep calling it until April 1st 2005) prices with the former USA. The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $6/US gallon - get used to it).
14. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent. Guns should only be handled by adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.
Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).
Thank you for your cooperation.
|Friday, November 5th, 2004|
Join! I don't know if this is something that will get off the ground or whether it's been idle talk, but I'm dead serious about seeing if there really is enough popular support to do so. And if not, at least there's a benefit to having a network.
No new party
Political candidates who want to seceed from the United States would do better to be Democrats. Third parties never get elected here (at least in MA).
|Thursday, November 4th, 2004|
Born in Boston (Go Sox!), but grew up in Tennessee, so I know a thing or two about secession... Went to HS in CT and go to college right outside of NYC currently, so I guess it's time I admit I'm a chowdah-lovin', true-blue Yankee.
Now, ain't this just somethin':